The Foundation Kennispark Twente
The Foundation Kennispark Twente’s mission is to further develop an innovative entrepreneur’s climate in the region of Twente. We do that by investing in three productlines:
- Support and support systems for innovative startups: from coaching programs and events, to financing
- Industrial innovation: joint innovation projects between SMEs, local industries and universities
- Attractive Business Climate: create the right environment for innovative businesses and attract new businesses for Twente
The foundation is a joint initiative of the University of Twente, the City of Enschede, the Region of Twente, the Province of Overijssel and the Saxion University of Applied Sciences. Through Kennispark Twente they share the economic development goal of creating 10.000 new jobs for the region.
The foundation has a board of directors.
- dr. Kees Eijkel, president board of directors, portfolio: startups and growing companies, knowledge transfer
- drs. Pieter Dillingh, board of directors, portfolio: industrial innovation and joint initiatives for innovation
These directors are supported by a small team.
The ecosystem Kennispark
Innovation in Twente is stimulated and done by many different parties in Twente, with whom we closely collaborate. The Kennispark foundation can be seen as the portal to each of these parties. Together we make Twente an innovative region.
The innovation campus Kennispark
The Innovation Campus Kennispark in Enschede is a dynamic location where more than 380 companies work on developments and innovations that make a difference. A location with a hospitable and established climate for entrepreneurs, that offers chances and opportunities for development and growth of your company.
Read more about our Facts and Figures