Facts and figures
- Kennispark in Enschede is the largest innovation campus in the Netherlands with about 400 companies. The campus is second largest in terms of commercial jobs: 6.300 people work at Kennispark in Enschede, excluding the 3.000 scientific positions at the University of Twente. (Buck Consultants International, report in Dutch, 2013)
- The Twente region is the most innovative region in the Netherlands, according to the Innovation Monitor done by Erasmus University
- Kennispark Twente was announced Best Businesspark in the Netherlands in 2013.
- Twente region was listed third region in the Competitive Alternatives Report of Locations Costs by KPMG.
- Annually 10% of the fastest growing techcompanies from the Netherlands have their roots in Twente (Deloitte Fast 50)
- Every year 60-70 new startups develop from the University of Twente and Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- Enschede, the largest city in Twente, has a very pleasant business climate according to 7.000 Dutch entrepreneurs. They rank the city in third place compared to other large Dutch cities. (Deloitte, report in Dutch)
- Twente is specialist in High Tech Systems and Materials: 1200 companies and 21.500 employees work in this challenging and innovative sector.
- Brochure Kennispark Twente (UK)
- Innovation Magazine (Dutch only):
- Business Plan High Tech Twente 2011 (Dutch only)
- Visualisation of the High Tech Systems and Materials Roadmap for Twente
- Twente Innovation Route (Overview of Innovation Projects 2007-2012)
- The Kennispark-index of services (Dutch)